Monday, July 2, 2007

What A Week Of Campmeeting....

Psalm 146:1 "Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul."

This verse just about sums up my week at campmeeting. In my thinking, praying and meditating on what to post about the week last week I couldn't narrow it down to just one thing. I've always looked forward to going to campmeeting.

I'll start by saying that we made our first trip to campmeeting at Faith Baptist Camp in June of 1995. Since that first time I don't think I've missed going. Each time I go God blesses. We've had opportunity to see many people come under Holy Ghost conviction. Some of those we've seen be saved.

It is always a blessing to see God work in hearts and change lives. Most of all I'm thankful for what God has done in my heart through the preaching I've heard there. We have heard many great Men of God preach and have learned how to live for God and be encouraged and strengthened in my walk with Him.

The morning services we heard preaching from Bro. Garland Odom on Christian Character. Also we heard preaching on discipleship by Bro. Ray Beardon which went right along with the messages on Christian character.

The afternoon service had a variety of different preachers preaching on a variety of topics.

The evening services tend to be our shouting services. This week was a bit different.

Monday evening we learned how the church is changing and were encouraged to not change with it by Bro. Larry Brown from Washington, Iowa. Tuesday Bro. Brown preached on some things we need to have our eyes opened to. Wednesday evening we heard the great preacher Bro. Don Green testify and preach another encouraging message. Thursday evening Bro. Johnny Pope preached "A Tale of Two Sons" that was about the prodigal son. This message was nothing short of awesome. I had never heard this account preached like he preached it. And then Friday evening Bro. Pope preached "Jesus Is Wonderful". I recommend that you go to the Faith Baptist Camp website to listen to the messages of the week. That is the best way to truly grasp what was preached. You will find not only the audio messages from the daytime services but you will find video for the evening messages. You will not be sorry you did.

God revealed a lot to me this past week. I not only learned more about my own life and how I haven't been doing as well as I thought I was but I had some burdens that I had lost get renewed in my heart. I needed that so I could better pray for those I once had a burden for.

I know that Courtney will be posting pictures on her blog as will my daughter Kristina. You can go to their blogs to see pictures either later today or in the next day or two and see what fun we had while there.

Thank you again to all who left comments while I was gone. Please go by the camp website and listen to some great preaching if you get the chance. I know you will not be disappointed.

8 comments:

TO BECOME said...

Oh, Sis. Julie, I am so glad you had such a very good time. It has been years since I have been to a campmeeting. There is nothing quite like them.

I am glad you are back and doing very well. Have a happy week. connie from texas

Sis. Julie said...

sis. connie...thank you so much. We did have a great week. We'll be going back again on August 5th for another week of campmeeting at Faith Baptist Camp. We are already counting the days till that one.

Anonymous said...

Mrs Julie I am glad that you got what you needed at camp. I know I was helped just from the hours I was up there. Look forward to seeing what God has given you for posts since being at camp.
Bro Tim

Unknown said...

You sound wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing. Those times are precious.

I hope I think about going to the website to listen tomorrow while I clean this desk!!

Unknown said...

I just visited Courtney and Kristina's blogs. The photos are great! The thumb photos were freakish though! LOL

I forgot to tell Kristina that I really liked her cap and gown photo on her blog. Would you tell her for me please? Thanks!

So glad to hear you all came back refreshed and more tender to the things of God.

Jodi said...

A time of refreshment is so necessary from time to time. It sounds like a wonderful meeting. I really enjoyed looking at the pictures at Courtney and Kristina's blogs; I'm so glad you shared the link with us.

Blessing to you ~
Jodi

Lyndy said...

Sis Julie,
So glad you had such a wonderful time. I too visited the photos and they were all great. Looks like everyone had a blessed time.

Love you, Lyndy

Sis. Julie said...

sis. lyndy...we had a very blessed time.

VERY IMPORTANT!

Are you a good person? Take this test and find out.

Swidget 1.0 6

Audioministries.org