Saturday, April 7, 2007
I Corinthians 15:19-21 "If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead."
Christ's resurrection is the most significant doctrine of all. Anyone could be born. Anyone could die on a cross. But only one could raise Himself from the grave. If there is no resurrection then there are several things that must be considered.
1) That God has lied and the possibility that there is no God at all.
2) The Bible cannot be true and is only just another book.
3) There is no hope beyond the grave...so eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die.
4) The testimonies of countless millions are meaningless and cannot be trusted.
5) If there is no resurrection then there can be no real washing away of sin.
6) Then there can be no justification in the sight of God.
7) Then there can be no sanctification working in the believer's life.
8) Then there cannot be a final glorification of the believer's body.
But wait!!! I know there is a resurrection. Why? Because there is an empty tomb and He was seen above five hundred folk at one time. But I know most of all because of what I experienced in my own heart the day I trusted Christ and the gospel. He changed my life causing me to pass from death unto life. He talks to me. He walks with me. And He lives in me. What better evidence is there than all of this.
I like the words Resurrection Sunday and not Easter Sunday. If you call it Easter Sunday don't think I'll fault you for it. I just personally don't call it that because when most people hear Easter they think of the Easter bunny and hunting Easter eggs. I want to think of the resurrection and what Jesus has done for me. I don't want to think of bunnies and eggs.
I hope all y'all have a great service in the House of God tomorrow and don't forget to thank God for the RESURRECTION!!!
Are you a good person? Take this test and find out.