Monday, February 9, 2009

Deal Or No Deal

Mark 13:5-6 "And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you: For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many."

I'm sure you've all heard of or seen the game show "Deal Or No Deal". On the show the contestant has a case that he or she has chosen. In that case is a dollar amount between $.01 and $1,000,000. They do not know what is in that case. They begin choosing other cases one by one to eliminate dollar amounts to try to determine what is in their case and if they want to stay with their case for the duration of the game or take offers that the banker would offer at the end of each round. Most of the offers were nothing but dollar amounts...but sometimes he would throw in other things that the contestant really wanted or had a passion for.

Our pastor had mentioned working on a message by the same title as my post. When he mentioned that the Lord gave me a thought.....

We are each given a case. God has chosen our case. The devil is the banker in our life. He is constantly offering us a deal to try to keep us from keeping the case God has given us. In our case is God's will (whatever that is for our life). The devil wants to buy our case from us. He will offer the best looking and sounding offer. But it is our choice to take the deal or turn it down. No matter what it is the devil is offering....no matter how good it sounds...it is not as good as what God has for us in the case He has given us.

God is sovereign. He makes no mistakes and will never lead us astray. The devil's desire is to do just that. Don't take the deal he is offering you. Stick with the case God has given you no matter how good the offer sounds that the devil is offering you. If you do...you'll win the jackpot of His blessings.

So my question to you is this my Friend.....Deal or no deal?


8 comments:

Heather said...

Another GREAT post! How have you been?

Sis. Julie said...

Sis. Heather....Thanks!! I've been doing great!!

Aliene said...

A good post! A good deal with the Lord. Best deal any one can get on this earth is the knowing the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior.

Sis. Julie said...

Aliene....you are so right!!

Unknown said...

Sis Julie
This was a wonderful post! ISAY DEAL WITH Jesus and No Deal TO THE DEVIL.Hope your doing great.
Love ya. Lisa

Sis. Julie said...

Sis. Lisa....That is what I say!! I'm doing fine. I'm a bit nervous this morning though since where I work has called a mandatory meeting with us three cashiers. I'm praying that I didn't do anything wrong to bring about this meeting. I go at 8:00am this morning.

Theresa's Notes said...

Really good post!

TO BECOME said...

Dear Sis. Julie, I wanted to stop by and thank you for praying for me while I have been ill. It is so nice to be able to visit you once again.

The post was a very good one and I want to make it plain that with the devil I make "NO DEALS." Jesus gave me all that I will ever need and so much more. I am so thankful to have taken the free gift that He offered. connie

VERY IMPORTANT!

Are you a good person? Take this test and find out.

Swidget 1.0 6

Audioministries.org