Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It's Our Choice

I Peter 4:9 "Use hospitality one to another without grudging."

Each day God gives us...He desires to use us. He also gives us the commandment to love our neighbor. Matthew 12:31 "...Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these." Our neighbor is not just that one that lives next door to us or just down the street. It refers to everyone we come in contact with.

When we get saved God enables us to love others. That includes those who do not treat us as they should. But God doesn't tell us to love only those who deserve our love. We are to love everyone.

The Holy Spirit will give opportunity to be a blessing to someone today. When that opportunity is presented we are faced with a choice. We can take that opportunity or we can let it pass us by. I choose to take that opportunity. My prayer each day is that He would let me be a blessing to someone today. Do I always succeed...I hope I do. But I'm sure I've missed many opportunities that I have been given.

What will your choice be today? Be aware of your opportunities and don't let them pass you by.


6 comments:

Jodi said...

Be aware of your opportunities and don't let them pass you by.

Distractions can so easily beset us if we are not careful. Be aware ... I love that reminder!

Tori Leslie said...

Great post Julie and a wonderful reminder!

Ginger said...

Such a simple but true post. I want to thank you for that reminder!!
Ginger~

Theresa's Notes said...

That is so right, when I was lost I was the meanest person, but after the Lord saved me I got a love for people that was not there before. Not only my church family but the Deaf.

Sis. Julie said...

Sis. Theresa...Amen!!

~~Deby said...

Excellant reminder. Lord, open my eyes and ears to those who you put in my path.
Deby

VERY IMPORTANT!

Are you a good person? Take this test and find out.

Swidget 1.0 6

Audioministries.org