Thursday, July 12, 2007

Trust....With ALL Thine Heart

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

Trust is total dependence on God. We had and still do have total dependence on God to save us from Hell. Why is it so hard to trust Him in other areas of our lives?

Peace comes with trust. When I trusted God for salvation...an overwhelming peace came over me.

Isaiah 26:3-4 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength." These have been two of my favorite verses for a long time. I can tell you from experience that a person with a prayer life...a faithful prayer life...finds it easier to trust Him. A person who doesn't pray worries about everything. Have you found that to be true? I know when my prayer life has been weak I've found myself not trusting God like I should. And I'm sure you've had times when you've been in that state as well.

We all have areas in our life that we don't totally depend on God. Total means complete. I know that all of us can trust God more than we do.

Our flesh is our biggest hindrance in the area of trust for things. our flesh does not want to give control up.

Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;" All means all. We are to go to God with every need. Then once we do that we need to trust Him with it. The closer we live to God the easier it is to trust Him.

Prayer and holy living is essential to trusting God. When we do these things along with reading our Bible the easier it is to trust God. When we feed the Spirit He will be stronger in our lives. If we feed our flesh we'll not be depending on God and we'll find it hard to trust Him.

So let me ask you...are you trusting totally in the Lord? Are you trusting Him with all your heart?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Mrs Julie great post. You are right when our prayer life is doing well we don't have a problem trusting but when we start wavering in the prayer closet then we become weak in our faith and doubt creeps in. I hope the Lord helps me to trust him with all my heart because I know I can not do it on my own.

Bro Tim

Sis. Julie said...

bro. tim...Amen!! By the way...this post was birthed in my heart from the SS lesson you taught not too long ago. You used Pro. 3:1-7...but God took the two verses I used and spoke to my heart about this thing of trusting.

CindyMae said...

Sis Julie, another excellent post. It is amazing to me how when I am living the way God wants me to live and praying to Him often (all day every day) how my life seems so much more peaceful and everything just seems right! I know there are times when I need to trust in God much more than I do. Thank you for this wonderful post!

Sis. Julie said...

sis. cindy....Praise the Lord!! I'm so thankful that others are getting blessed from these posts like I am. Love you Sis!!

Theresa's Notes said...

I have something going on in my family that I think is just going to rip out my heart. I have given this problem to the Lord, and even though it's hard. I will leave it with Him and let God take care of it.

Sis. Julie said...

sis. theresa....I'll be praying about this situation. I'm so sorry to hear this is happening. God knows the need and He is our comfort in time of need. What a blessing we can give Him our problems and trials and rest assured that He will take care of everything!! Love you Sis!!

Sandy said...

I am working on doing just that, trusting with my whole heart! Thanks Julie for another wonderful and thought provoking post!

Have a great service and a blessed weekend!

Sis. Julie said...

sis. sandy....I'm so glad to hear you are striving to do just that. There is peace in trusting Him with our lives and our situations.

VERY IMPORTANT!

Are you a good person? Take this test and find out.

Swidget 1.0 6

Audioministries.org