Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Total Surrender--An Everyday Thing

Galatians 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

Philippians 1:20 "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."

Unconditional surrender to God is an everyday event. Total surrender to God is telling God that He has every bit of you...your heart...your soul...your desires...your ambitions...your possessions...and your daily activities. You place it all in His hands and say "I'm yours today, God." I put it in a sense as to say "I'm yours TODAY, God" because we cannot live for tomorrow till tomorrow gets here. We need to take things (in our living for and surrendering to) God one day at a time.

God wants each of us to understand that surrender is not an option either. It is required!! God likens it to death or a condition in which we no longer live. That is how Paul explained it in the above Scripture reference. When we get saved and surrender our lives totally to God these things happen...

***You are crucified with Christ

***YOU no longer live

***Christ lives in you

***You live by faith in the Son of God

The surrendered and crucified life is ALL of Christ and NONE of us. It is not about US and what WE want...it is about CHRIST and what HE wants. We must confess all sin in our life and forsake it completely. It is the most fruitful...joy filled...purposeful life we can live. Don't put off surrendering all that you are to Him. Don't hold back...give your life to God completely. There is no better and peaceful place to be!! Afterall....didn't He give His all for you. He didn't hold anything back when He died for you.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I Surrender All - One of my favoirte hymns!

How is Robyyne by the way?

Anonymous said...

Mrs Julie good post! When a Christian gets to this point what a joy for living for Christ becomes. Surrendering all is what we must do, but oh not that easy to do. It is what he deserves and commands, and I believe we would have a lot less trials of correction if we did as the Word of God says.

Bro Tim

Sis. Julie said...

sis. pam....that is one of my favorite hymns too.

Robbyn is home and waiting. All the pain is false labor (as we knew) but they sent her home to take benadryl or tylenol pm for pain and discomfort. She is one complete bedrest now...but that is difficult with a two year old to have to take care of. They want her to make it to 36 weeks..she is at 35 weeks now. Thank you for praying for her and asking about her. Please continue to pray for her.

Sis. Julie said...

bro. tim...you are so right about surrender not being an easy thing to do. Just when we think we are surrendered something happens to let us know we really aren't truly surrendered. I pray it is all of our hearts desire to be totally surrendered. When we are surrendered...there are no limits as to what God can do in and through our lives.

Lyndy said...

Hi Julie,
Still praying for Robbyn, I am sure she is ready for her little ones arrival.

Great post. We know we have no control over anything anyway but in the flesh it can be so hard to surrender.

Love, Lyndy

Sis. Julie said...

sis. lyndy...Thank you again for your continued prayers for Robbyn.

Yes it is so hard to surrender. Just when we think we have...we find we really haven't.

Unknown said...

Hey thanks for the hint about using tracts without our church name for the beer!! I actually use the little smiley face booklets for the beer and garments trick, but I hope others who read my blog see your comment. I may need to post about that! Have a great day!

Susannah said...

Complete surrender requires complete trust. And that requires full understanding the absolute trustworthiness of Christ. He is Holy! He is pure Love! So why do we hesitate to surrender completely? Because we don't know Him well enough. We don't fully comprehend the loveliness of his character.

Paul had a powerful experience with the living God on the road to Damascus that changed his life forever. Few of us have had such vast amounts of power brought to bear on our lives. I think we ought to be patient with our unbelief as we seek to know Him day-by-day through His Word. Hugs!

Sis. Julie said...

sis. pam...you're welcome.

Sis. Julie said...

e-mom...I think you are right in the reason you give for us not surrendering. I know that I desire to know Him in the most intimate way....I want to be so close to God that I can hear His heart beat so-to-speak. Will I ever know Him in that way? I sure hope so....in fact I pray so!!

CindyMae said...

I am finally getting caught up on my blog reading! So this comment is for the last several post.

I too love a straight foward preacher...one that does not hold back anything and tells it like it is.

I did not have a true relationship with God when I was younger and went seeking as well. It did not go well. I did get my wonderful daughter out of it though.

How is the new baby?

Total Surrender to God! That is one thing that is a challange in day to day life at times. But what a true joy it is to truly turn it all over to Him!

All awesome post as always sis!! Thank you for not forsaking me and I will never forsake you either!

Love ya

Sis. Julie said...

sis. cindy...Glad to see you're back. The new baby hasn't made her arrival yet. The due date is July 17th but we really are thinking that she will come sooner. They have stopped Robbyn's labor 5 times now. They want to give her two more weeks before she delivers. It's been very hard on Robbyn.

Anonymous said...

Excellent excellent post!!! It is hard to surrender all but it's the best place to be :-)

VERY IMPORTANT!

Are you a good person? Take this test and find out.

Swidget 1.0 6

Audioministries.org