Friday, March 30, 2007

The Results Are......

According to the ultrasound........nothing is wrong!!! Excuse me while I vent a bit. I don't usually do this y'all. So please excuse me while I do.

I know that God is all sovereign. I know that He is the Great Physician. I know that He knows what is causing the pain. And I'm not mad at Him. I just don't understand. But the ultrasound showed NOTHING!!! We were at the hospital for three hours yesterday and about an hour and a half of that my daughter was in extreme pain. Yet the ultrasound shows nothing wrong. Now the doctor says wait two weeks and if the pain continues to come back to the office to see him? I do not think so!!! She has an appointment on Tuesday and I'm keeping that appointment and I'm going to request or maybe even REQUIRE they do blood tests to see if something shows up that way. I can't stand seeing my daughter hurting like she is. There are those I'm sure who will probably say like they do about my husband that it is in her head. I see her in pain. It is not in her head. There is something wrong somewhere. And I'm going to pray and beg and plead with God and the doctors to find out what it is so she can get the help she needs for it.

I don't know why it is that this family has to be such a mystery to these doctors. My husband's health condition is a mystery. He's seen countless doctors about his physical problems and they say there is nothing wrong with him so they prescribe him anti-depressants. My husband is not depressed!!! And he's not taking them by the way. Now my daughter is hurting for the past four and a half weeks and they want her to wait even longer before they even try anything more to try to find out what is wrong. I don't think so!!

Thank you all for your prayers for her and for the rest of us. I'm really having to ask God to help me here. I usually do pretty well with things but this time I'm about at my wits end. I know that God has something in store through this situation. And I'm really trying y'all to be strong about all of this but you know as well as I do that sometimes things just get a bit heavy and you feel you could just crumble beneath the weight of it all. Well...I'm not there yet but it might not take much more.

Please forgive me for being so transparent in this post. I have seen others be transparent on their blogs and it seems to have helped them to do so. I figured I might as well give it a try. I'm not trying to murmur and complain. I know that is not what God would be pleased with. I'm just simply venting. So I guess what I'm saying is PLEASE PRAY FOR ME THROUGH ALL OF THIS. There is nothing worse than seeing your child hurting (whether physically or emotionally) and not know what to do or how to help. And then add on top of that the pain and hurt physically that a spouse is going through and not knowing what to do or how to help. That is where I'm at.

Thank you again for all your prayers for Michelle and the rest of us. Please continue to do so if you don't mind. Her next doctor appointment is Tuesday. We'll see what they say this time. I love and appreciate all of you so much!!!

13 comments:

Sandy said...

Bless her heart! I know what it feels like to feel helpless when your child is sick. Praying for you and your girl!

Anonymous said...

Mrs Julie I tried to leave a post. We will continue to pray for Michelle God knows what is going on and he will get the glory for it. As far as venting we all vent at one time or another. Sometimes we or family go through things that we do not understand, but we have to always remember that God is in control. Mrs Julie just remember the song you and Kristina sing Praise the Lord even through this He deserves our praise. We will also pray for you personally having two family members that have mystery illnesses can make you get to your wits end I'm sure. I guess I am trying to say keep you head up God is in Control. We love your family and thank God for allowing us to cross paths.

Bro Tim

TO BECOME said...

Sis, Julie, I am so sorry there are no answers and I know how much it hurts to see those you love in pain. It took one whole year to decide I had chrons disease. all the while I would have those spells of extreame pain. I finally learned to pay attention to what I was doing or had eaten just before the pain started. I don't know if you know anything about chrons or not but I know it runs in families. I do know God is faithful and he will not put more on you than you can bear. I pray that an answer comes soon but God's time is not always our time. That sounds like I know everything which I sure do not but I know that is how it is sometimes. We just have to wait and pray. Psalms 91:10-11. So sorry you and your family are going through the tring times. connie from Texas

Anonymous said...

I have been praying for you Ms. Julie. I hope things get better for Miss Michelle. All I know is that we don't understand, all we can do is trust the unseen hand. Also, I think of the song, "We will understand it better by and by". I, like you, have gone through physical things I do not understand and the doctors do not know what is wrong.. but is SUCH a joy to know that HE knows me and what I am going through! Praise be His Holy Name!!

You have many thinking and praying for you.. God will see you through this!!

Paula said...

I'm sorry that Michelle is still in such pain. I completely understand your frustration with this whole process.

I'm praying that the Lord will either take away the pain or reveal the cause. I would definitely follow up with the appt. this week like you've planned.

Is. 26:3 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee:because he trusteth in thee."

((hugs))

Sis. Julie said...

Thank you all so very much for your encouraging comments. I'm doing much better with it all this afternoon. You all are so sweet in all you are having to say to me about all of this. I do trust the Lord and I will not give up. I can't give up now....I've come to far to turn back now. God has been so good to me in spite of all the trials I go through. I'm just wanting to handle this trial with the attitude that God wants me to. And He tells me in His Word to be thankful IN and FOR all things. Sometimes that is very hard to do...but I'm doing that although the devil is trying hard to let me know it's impossible.

Thank you all so very much again!! I love and appreciate all of you!!!

Lyndy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lyndy said...

Julie, Sweet sister you vent all you want too and I know you don’t mean it as complaining. You are a wonderful, loving and godly mother who doesn’t want to see her child hurting. I am not a parent but I know that has to be a terrible and helpless feeling.

I am praying for all of you that God will give you peace and reveal the source of Michelle’s pain and discomfort. Praying for your dear hubby too.

Big hugs to you my dear friend.

Lyndy

Jerry Bouey said...

Continuing in prayer - for wisdom and for grace.

Psalms 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

Isaiah 38:14 Like a crane or a swallow, so did I chatter: I did mourn as a dove: mine eyes fail with looking upward: O LORD, I am oppressed; undertake for me.

Exodus 19:4 Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.

Psalms 61:2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

And one of my all-time favourite verses to claim when a mother is in need or distressed (such as my sister and her family - or in this case, my spiritual sister and her family):

Isaiah 40:11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

Lord, I am praying that you would sustain and lift up Sis. Julie and her family; undertake for them as they feel oppressed and overwhelmed by this situation. Bear them up on your eagles' wings and draw them closer to yourself.

Prayer For Perfect Peace

Jerry Bouey said...

Sis. Julie, I was reminded tonight of this computer background put together by my webpartner - in light of your situation:

The Son Still Shines Though The Clouds May Hide Him

Susannah said...

Just checking in for news on Michelle. What a mystery, and what an encouraging group of commentors! You are SO blessed. I'm glad you had a chance to vent.

I'll continue to pray for you and of course, for Michelle. Hugs, e-Mom

Sis. Julie said...

Thank you all so very much for your words of encouragment and the Scriptures to help encourage me. Y'all are such a blessing and I love you all in Christ so much!!! I count myself fortunate to have such faithful and special readers that I also call my friends!! Thank you again for your prayers and for your support. Only Heaven will reveal what you all mean to me!!

Janie said...

I am so sorry about Michelle, and about everything else, too. I am praying for you all! I am sorry you are going through such a hard time.

VERY IMPORTANT!

Are you a good person? Take this test and find out.

Swidget 1.0 6

Audioministries.org