Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"Never" Part II

Let's be reminded of the definition of this word never. It means not at any time, not at any place and not by any person; not to any degree; not now or hereafter or not ever.

I Corinthians 13:8 "Charity never faileth:..." This is a blessed "never". Charity will never fail. The world does not care how much we know until they know how much we care. We'll get more out of someone by loving them.

Hebrews 10:1 & 11 "For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:" This is a blood "never". Things in the Old Testament were a type and foreshadowing. The sacrifices that were made could never take away sin. Anything outside of the Blood of Jesus Christ cannot take away sin.

II Timothy 3:7 "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." This is a blinding "never". This generation is more biblically ignorant than ever before. More people than ever are living wicked lifestyles. They are wasting their minds. There are many more learned people than ever yet they don't have the knowledge of the Truth...the only knowledge that matters for eternity.

Mark 3:29 "But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:" This is a blaspheming "never". This is serious business. Giving credit to the devil for something God did is blaspheming the Holy Ghost. (verse 30) "Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit." They said Jesus had an unclean spirit because He performed a miracle. They gave credit to the devil for what Christ did. Those who blaspheme seal their own doom. His deity was attacked. This is committed every day in our nation. A blood bought born-again believer cannot commit this sin. Even at a person's most backslidden state he still has the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit won't let them blaspheme.

Mark 9:43 & 45 "And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:" This is the burning "never". The fire of Hell will never be quenched. Some can endure things that cause pain because it will pass. Eventually the pain will reduce and eventually cease. But this fire burns forever. It will never end. This never is final!!

John 11:26 "And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" This is the believing "never".

II Peter 1:5-10 "And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:" This is the building "never". If we build on these things we are told we will never fall.

These messages preached by Bro. Joe Arthur were very good reminders. I had never given thought to these things in this way. I'm so thankful for a Man of God who is willing to study and share with God's people what God shows him.

6 comments:

Ginger said...

Hi Julie,
I am now catching up on some of the blogs I love but haven't been able to go over and read. It's nice just to be back over here. Sigh...I have been so busy!! When I am more awake I will be reading your posts I have missed.
Ginger~

Sis. Julie said...

Ginger....I totally understand you're not having time to visit blogs. I don't get over to anyone's blogs anymore either. I'm surprised anyone still comes to mine since I haven't been to their blog. I just do good to post on my blog anymore. There is so much going on right now and I just don't have the motivation to deal with a lot right now.

Unknown said...

Sister Julie,
I have heard Bro Joe Arthur preach many times. He is one of my favorite preacher and he can sing to.I appreciate this post.
Have a Blessed day. Lisa

Tori Leslie said...

Great post Julie and I'm sure it's even better preached.
Thanks Julie!

Sis. Julie said...

Sis. Lisa...I think Bro. Joe can do most anything. He can preach...sing...and play most any instrument he puts his hands on. He is a very talented man.

Sis. Julie said...

Sis. Tori...These posts are always better preached than when I put them on here. I only wish I could bring them across to y'all how they are preached. I'm just thankful I can share them with y'all and y'all get blessed by them.

VERY IMPORTANT!

Are you a good person? Take this test and find out.

Swidget 1.0 6

Audioministries.org