Friday, July 11, 2008

Conflicts In The Life Of A Christian

THE CONFLICT OF CONTROL

Galatians 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

We all face conflicts in our Christian life. Some of those conflicts are short-lived. Others last years and years. We don't understand why we go through them but there is a reason. We need to let God have control in our life and stop letting ourselves have control in our life.

We all battle this thing of control in our life. It starts at birth. Babies want to control their parents. Teenagers try to control their parents. Even adults will try to have control in other people's lives.

We need to let God direct our paths. We tend to try to keep control in our lives. God wants to work in us and through us. God wants us to choose to let Him control us but He wants us to make the choice to let Him. Matthew 10:39 "He that findeth his life shall lost it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." If we'll lose ourselves in Him then He will take care of us.

I Corinthians 15:31 "I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily." Paul said he died to his flesh daily. He learned to let God take control. When we try to control our lives it costs us. Whatever gets in the way of us letting Him have control we need to let it die. We do not belong to us. I Corinthians 6:19-20 "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." What right do we have to control our own lives? We don't have the right. Jesus purchased us with His own blood. The moment we called on Him for salvation...we were no longer our own. We belong to Him. He owns every part of us and we need to give every part of us to Him and let Him have control. We need to say "God...your will...nothing more...nothing less...nothing else."

We should relinquish control of our lives so we can become what He wants us to become. Romans 12:1-2 "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." We need to realize what God is trying to do in our lives.

When we don't do what God wants us to do...we are taking control of our own lives. When He tells us to witness to someone...to serve in the church...give money to someone...and we don't do it...then we are controlling our own lives.

When we control our own life...before long we will lose control. Is it worth our life being a mess because we don't want to let Him have control? You answer the question. If it's not worth it to you...then confess it to Him and begin letting Him have control.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I started reading your post from the bottom up and was thinking that Galatians 2:20 would go along with this perfectly ~ And indeed it does! lol I've been singing that little chorus for the last two days ... I am crucified with Christ; therefore I no longer live. Jesus Christ now lives in me .... The composer based the words on this verse.

Letting God have control really is about dying to self. And I love that you paired these thoughts with the renewed mind of Romans 12. Great post!

Sis. Julie said...

Sis. Jodi...Praise the Lord!! I know this was a real help to me as well.

Anonymous said...

What an excellent post. I can think of many times that I have been guilty of just this! This was a great toe stepper ;-)

Kate

Sis. Julie said...

Sis. Kate...Praise the Lord!! I have more posts on these conflicts. I will be posting them soon. They have been a big help to me in pointing things out in my own life....and serve as warnings to me as well!!

VERY IMPORTANT!

Are you a good person? Take this test and find out.

Swidget 1.0 6

Audioministries.org