Saturday, June 21, 2008

Mr. Law And Mr. Grace

I know I said that I wouldn't be posting any more before I left for campmeeting but the Lord gave this to me at a mission's revival we went to the other night and I couldn't get passed it so I'm posting it before I leave. We heard Bro. Stinnett Ballew preach Thursday night and he preached this message I'm about to share with you. It was truly an amazing truth that I would have never thought of unless I heard him preach it. I pray it blesses you like it did me!!

Romans 7:1 "Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

God likens our life to a marriage. Before salvation we were married to Mr. Law. Mr. Law is sinless. Verse 12 "Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good." Mr. Law is spiritual. He is holy...just...and good.

In verse one we are told how he had dominion over us. We were to submit...honor...obey...be faithful and fulfill his every desire. We were to live up to his expectation. Mr. Law demanded out of us exactly what he was. He demanded what we could not do. Mr. Law became a miserable companion and husband. The only way to get out of that marriage to him was by death. Verse 2 "For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband." The problem is that Mr. Law is eternal. He won't die.

Verses 3-4 "So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God." We have to die for that marriage to end. We need to die to Mr. Law so we could marry Mr. Grace. When we are placed in Christ we become dead to Mr. Law.

Verses 15-16, 18-20 "For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me." We could not please Mr. Law. It was impossible. The Bible tells us that if we break one of the commandments that we have broken them all. James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." And none of us can keep all the commandments.

When I became dead to Mr. Law...another love showed up. He was looking for me. When I saw Him it was love at first sight. Mr. Grace is good to me. He loved me even in my unlovable state. Mr. Grace understands me. Hebrews 4:15 "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." Mr. Grace cares for me.

Mr. Law demanded but never enabled me to do anything. Mr. Grace has always enabled me to do all He has asked of me. Mr. Grace does not demand to do but that which He will enable me to do.

Mr. Law would not enable me to forgive the man who murdered my brother...but Mr. Grace enables me to. My parents are lost and cannot forgive him...they won't forgive him. If I were still married to Mr. Law I wouldn't either. Thank God for the "husband" I have now in Mr. Grace!!! Now I pray that man gets saved.

I hope this has made sense to you. I tried to put it down how Bro. Ballew gave it to us. It was truly amazing. Meditate on this and give it much thought. Once you do I'm sure it will excite you as well.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen I was thinking about something like this a few weeks ago. Thank God we can be married to Mr Grace. Praise his holy name.

Bro Tim

Anonymous said...

Sis. Julie, this is an excellent explanation of this great spiritual truth. And it was a wonderful analogy for you in the trial you are going through. What peace it must bring you to know you are "wed" to Mr. Grace! I pray you have a refreshing week at Camp. Refreshing spiritually, refreshing physically, and refreshing emotionally!

Blessings! Juanita

Tori Leslie said...

What a great truth Julie. God is so good to always make a way. His grace is sufficient!
Amen!

Sis. Julie said...

Bro. Tim....Amen!!

Sis. Julie said...

Sis. Juanita...I loved it when I heard it. I got so excited to hear this explained like this.

Sis. Julie said...

Sis. Tori...Yes...God's grace is very sufficient!!

Heather said...

I'm so sorry that I had not been by until now and I see that you are going through a terrible tragedy..please know that I will be praying for you and your family. Sure wish I could give you a big hug~heather

Anonymous said...

What a great message on such a wonderful topic!!! I believe I have heard Bro. Ballew preach at our church! If I recall, he was an excellent preacher! Awesome!

Kate

Humble wife said...

Sister Julie
I am so thankful that you posted this. Praise God for Mr.Grace. I am constantly thankful for my visits to your blog.
Jennifer

Mishel said...

What an excellent post! Thank you for sharing...and for your thoughts as well.

I've been thinking of you and praying for you Julie...

Hugs!

Theresa's Notes said...

Love this post! Still praying for you and your family.

VERY IMPORTANT!

Are you a good person? Take this test and find out.

Swidget 1.0 6

Audioministries.org