Tuesday, January 1, 2008

It's A New Year

Ephesians 5:17 "Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is."

As I'm writing this...we're only 3 1/2 hours into the year 2008. As I reflect on the past year..I'm reminded of a year full of mistakes and failures. There were also many victories. But just as each day is fresh with no mistakes...so is this new year. Will we fail Him this year? Of course we will. But we all need to strive not to.

My prayer for this year of 2008 is to be closer to the Lord than I was in 2007. I want to grow in the grace and knowledge of my Lord and Saviour. I want to be more faithful to Him and seek to please Him more than ever before.

My prayer for each of you is the same. I also pray that this blog will be used in the year to come to see souls saved and for others to be encouraged by what they read here. I pray the Lord will bless this blog and bless each one that stops by. I pray that each of us will stay in His will and that those who are not in His will would find out what His will is and get in it.

May the Lord bless each of you abundantly in 2008!!

7 comments:

Leah said...

I pray we each strive to be closer tothe Lord this year! I can hardly wait to see how the Lord blesses you this year. P.S. did you get my other comment?

Sis. Julie said...

leah....I pray you accomplish your goal for 2008 to be closer to Him this year.

No I didn't get your other comment. I've been having problems with comments making it to my email box for me to publish. You're not the only one to have left a comment and me not be able to get it.

Please go and leave it again for me.

Marsheila said...

Good post sis. Julie,
and Happy New Year. thats one of my goals this new year is to get closer to the Lord and of course lose weight as always. I love you and I am praying for ya'll

Michelle said...

Happy New Year to you and your family..My goal is to be closer to the Lord

Jimena said...

Thank you for your prayers for your readers. May the Lord continue to bless your blog... I know it has been a blessing to me :)

Happy New Year!

~~Deby said...

a great encourahement for all of us...and prayer for you and yours as well.....looking forward to knowing the Lord even better in 2008.
Deby

Anonymous said...

I am a little behind and have just caught up with the changes for you and your family this coming year, you will all definately be in my prayers! I am sure however that God will use you mightly in this new field!!

Love Amy

VERY IMPORTANT!

Are you a good person? Take this test and find out.

Swidget 1.0 6

Audioministries.org