Friday, November 9, 2007

God Knew...

Hebrews 13:5 "Let you conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

Today has been one of those days when I'm so glad God knew what would take place and why. When I woke this morning He already knew what I would face. He knew what you would face too. He knew I would go through situations that would be difficult to handle and that would test me in the ways He has and will. He knew that people would say and do things that would hurt. But He desires to use them for my good and His glory.

We become tempted to complain (and sometimes I do). But God doesn't want us to complain
"Philippians 2:14 "Do all things without murmurings and disputings." He only wants us to take those things to Him in prayer. How often do you find yourself complaining...either to Him or someone else? Does it really make us feel better to complain about those things? It might for the moment...but all it accomplishes is gossip and focusing on those things. Instead of complaining we should go to God in prayer and seek Him for the help and wisdom in how to respond to those situations and people.

So the thought for today is that God knew what you would face today. It did not come as a surprise to Him. And guess what...He knows what we'll face tomorrow. What a great promise that He will be there to go through your tomorrow too!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen I am so thankful that God knows everything that we are going through and that he ordered it in our lives or allowed it in our lifes. Good post and reminder that he is always with us no matter what.

Bro Tim

Sis. Julie said...

bro. tim....amen!! I'm so glad He is with me each and every day through each and every thing I go through!!

Lyndy said...

This is something that I take great comfort in. Knowing my Father God knows already what I am going to face each day and that He will be there to go through it with me.

Such a great reminder Julie. Have a great weekend.

Love you, Lyndy

PS How is your husband feeling?

Sis. Julie said...

sis. lyndy....thank you for asking about my hubby. He isn't doing a whole lot better. I really am questioning if it is an abcessed tooth or not. It may be but I would think that 2000mg of penicillin a day for five days should be allowing him to have some improvement by now. But I'm not doctor so I don't know. Thank you for your prayers for him.

PamelaK said...

After facing certain things the last several months, not complaining is an area that I really need to work on and I have been praying about it and the Lord has helped me to improve. Thanks for the encouragement in this area!
I'll be praying for your husband, Sis Julie!

Heather said...

I am so sorry that your husband is not feeling well. I loved your heart that came through in this post today dear Sister. My heart cringed at the thought of what pain came your way today and I said a prayer for your hurting heart. God bless!-heather

Sis. Julie said...

sis. heather...thank you so much!!

CindyMae said...

That is the most awesome and conforting thought! Thank you Sis for this post! I needed it!

VERY IMPORTANT!

Are you a good person? Take this test and find out.

Swidget 1.0 6

Audioministries.org