Thursday, October 25, 2007

I'm Born-Again

John 3:4 "Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Being born in to the family of God is much different than being born the first time. One is a physical birth and one is a spiritual birth. The first (physical) birth is of corruptible seed. The second (spiritual) birth is of incorruptible seed. I Peter 1:23 "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever."

The first birth we are brought into the world by our mother and father. The second birth we are brought into the family of God by Him and His Word.

My first birth was on February 23, 1966. My second birth was on June 26, 1994.

My first birth I was born a sinner. My second birth I was born a saint. When I was born the first time I was born dirty. When I was born the second time I was born clean and justified.

When I was born the first time I was born ready to serve Satan. When I was born the second time I was born ready to serve God.

When I was born the first time I had family and my mom's doctor and nurses to witness it. When I was born the second time there were angels to witness it. Luke 15:10 "Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth."

These are some things that came to mind the other night as I was laying in my bed about to go to sleep. I'm so thankful for my two births. Both are important. Without the first birth I could not have the second birth. I thank God for my parents who brought me into the world the first time. I also thank God for birthing me into the family of God at my second birth.

6 comments:

~~Deby said...

Praising the Lord for the NEW Birth....Sept 30th.....2007....almost a month....woooohooo...and for my first birth....and God's grace and love for me and you...and all of us today...
Deby

HsKubes said...

Yes, praise the Lord for being born again!
Our pastor preached on this in our Sunday evening service this past week and we had a young Marine accept Christ and he was born again!

Thank you for sharing this.
~ Christina

Mishel said...

I too, am so very thankful to be born again! : )

(BTW...you and I are the same age!)

Thank you Sis Julie for your continued prayers for our family. It seems like y'all are always praying for us! Have a wonderful day!

Sis. Julie said...

sis. Deby....I'm still praising the Lord for your new birth as well. What a blessing!!

Sis. Julie said...

sis. christina....What a blessing that your pastor had just preached on this recently.

Sis. Julie said...

sis. mishel....so we are the same age huh? How neat is that!!

VERY IMPORTANT!

Are you a good person? Take this test and find out.

Swidget 1.0 6

Audioministries.org