Thursday, January 25, 2007

6 Weird Things About Me

I've been tagged by Mrs. B over at Cherish the Home to list 6 weird things about me. I have to say that I thought and I thought and couldn't come up with not one weird thing about myself. So I decided to enlist the help of my children. I knew that they could probably come up with something. Well...it took them all of maybe five minutes to think of 6 weird things about me. Actually...they thought of more but I'm not going to list all of them since this meme calls for ONLY 6 things...LOL!!

So here goes....

1) I tend to play with the edges of a piece of fabric (pillowcase, the blouse I'm wearing, blanket, etc). I guess I never outgrew playing with the edges of my blankie as a small child.

2) I talk to myself (this isn't really weird is it?...I know lots of people who talk to themselves...oh well...my kids say I'm weird for doing it).

3) I cook my butter beans with molasses and lots of margarine (this is how my dad made his and I loved them this way).

4) I like to eat cooked white rice with milk, sugar and margarine (my kids call it rice soup!!).

5) When I laugh really hard I speak whale (yyyooooouuuuuu kknnnooooowwww....llliiikkkkeee Dooooorrrrriiiiiiieeee iiiinnnnnn Fiiinnnnnddddiiiinnnggg Neeemmmmoooo).

6) And this is the one they pick on me the most about. My toenails on my big toes are very hard and thick. When I cut them they fly and could hurt someone in the line of fire of them. My husband says I need a chainsaw to cut them. Isn't that a sweet thing for a husband to say about his wife??? Oh well....I still love him....afterall....it's the truth!!

I don't even know who to tag now. I guess I can do it this way. If you've not done this meme then I'd like you to do it. Just leave a comment with your list or feel free to do a post of your 6 weird things and I'll come by to read it. Just make sure to let me know you're doing a post about it.

7 comments:

Cherish the Home said...

What a fun list! Thank you for participating. (o:

But I must implore you, Julie, quit eating margarine....it is one of the absolute WORST things for your health! Switch to real butter, it's much healthier.

Blessings!
~Mrs.B

Susannah said...

LOL, my kids would be able to come up with a bunch too, I'm sure of it. (I should ask them... do I dare?) Have you ever had your "rice soup" with raisins? My husband loves that! :~)

Sis. Julie said...

Mrs. B....I know that margarine is not good for me or my family...but we don't like butter. I do use it but not as much as I could. Thank you for your concern.

e-mom...I'm sure your kids could come up with some weird things about you too. As for raisins in my "rice soup"...I have not tried that one...it sounds good though!! I might have to try it sometime. Can't wait to tell my kids there is someone else that eats "rice soup".

Cherish the Home said...

I'm sorry Julie, I just reread my comment and it came off way different then I intended! I think I wrote it in too much of a hurry. I didn't mean to sound so bossy! (o:

Blessings,
~Mrs.B

Sis. Julie said...

Mrs. B....I did not take it as you were being bossy. I took it as you were concerned for my eating or using the margarine. You're not the only one who has told me that. I appreciate your concern. It shows you care :) It's just that with being raised on margarine and not butter but having tried butter...I just don't care for the butter taste. Thank you again for your concern. I love you for it!!

Cherish the Home said...

Julie,

I'm so glad! I would never wish to hurt or offend you. (o:

Blessings!
~Mrs.B

Kristi said...

OK, number five cracked me up. LOL I could hear you saying that.

And my Maw Maw always said that it's not crazy to talk to yourself.......unless you answer back. :)

~Kristi

VERY IMPORTANT!

Are you a good person? Take this test and find out.

Swidget 1.0 6

Audioministries.org