Saturday, December 9, 2006

When Jesus Looks

When Jesus looks upon my life,
What picture does He see?
Does He see His own reflection,
Or does He just see me?
~~~~~~~
Does He see His likeness
The product of His hand,
Or just another Christian
Who never took a stand?
~~~~~~~
Does He see a child of God,
A child that He made free?
Living life to honor Him,
Or does He just see me?
~~~~~~~
What about the other folks
I meet along the way.
Do I show them Jesus
To brighten up their day?
~~~~~~~
When someone looks into my eyes
Can they truly see
That calm and gentle peace of God
That dwells inside of me?
~~~~~~~
When I reach out and shake a hand
Is He right there in my grip?
Can they feel that strength from God
That steadies when I slip?
~~~~~~~
When folks are in my presence
Do they know His Spirit's there?
Can they see that He's the One
Who guides me everywhere?
~~~~~~~
When other people think of me
What is on their mind?
Do they think of Jesus Christ
So gentle and so kind?
~~~~~~~
I try to be like Jesus
Every single day
Spreading love and kindness
All along the way.
~~~~~~~
I'm afraid that I have failed.
I could not pass the test.
Deep inside my heart I know
I haven't done my best.
~~~~~~~
I have had to fight the flesh
Since the day I was born.
It's always causing trouble,
And being such a thorn.
~~~~~~~
That's why His Spirit dwells in me.
He's helping me to learn
In every situation
Where I need to turn.
~~~~~~~
He knew I'd never pass the test.
That's why He took my place.
He gave His life to save my soul.
He suffered my disgrace.
~~~~~~~
Now I try to be like Him.
I must present Him well,
So other folks will want His gift
And turn their backs on Hell.
~~~~~~~
Other folks should see the joy
That Christ has given me.
They should want to have it too,
Especially since it is free.
~~~~~~~
They should begin to ask me
What is it they must do.
Just how it is they go about
Getting Jesus too.
~~~~~~~
Then I get to tell them
This wondrous gift is free.
It only takes a humble heart,
A prayer on bended knee.
~~~~~~~
Someday when I'm face to face
With the Lord Who made me free,
Will He see His own reflection,
Or will He just see me?
~~~~~~~
-AUTHOR UNKNOWN-

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ww

Anonymous said...

Not sure what happened above, but I'll try here again.

I've enjoyed reading on your site tremendously this evening. My first visit here, I came over from Maria Toth's.

I, too, am a preacher's wife, although Jerry is now retired. We remain quite involved in ministry however.

God's blessing on you, your family and your work.

Sis. Julie said...

Thank you so much Shirley for stopping by. I'm so thankful you have enjoyed what you've read.

Kristi said...

Very powerful poem.

~Kristi

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this with us

God bless
Maria in the UK
www.inhishands.co.uk

Michelle said...

That was a wonderful poem..

Anonymous said...

wonderful poem. this is my first time to your blog. i have to admit that the flag startled me at first. It is the official Georgia state flag, right? Thanks again. And God bless.

Sis. Julie said...

storbakken....Yes it is the official and original Georgia State Flag. I didn't like it when they replaced the original one. And while I could have put the new one on my site I decided I'd put the original one on. Thanks for stopping by.

The Good Reporters said...

Wonderful poem! Thanks for sharing it.

VERY IMPORTANT!

Are you a good person? Take this test and find out.

Swidget 1.0 6

Audioministries.org