Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Godly Apparel

II Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."

The first thing I want you to think about and consider is...Do you believe the Bible is God's Word? If you don't then there is no sense even wasting you time reading this post and the ones to follow. If you don't believe the Bible to be God's Word then you will not believe anything I tell you it says.

I also want to express that this subject is not up for debate on my site. I am doing these posts as directed by the Holy Spirit to help ladies to know and understand what God says and expects concerning this are in our lives.

I have spent countless hours of reading and studying on this subject according to the Word of God.

I ask that each of you keep your minds and hearts open as you read these lessons and let the Holy Spirit reveal to you what you should do. Unless the Holy Spirit convicts you in any areas of your life you might change it but it won't last. So don't change in this area of how you dress because I say you should....change because the Holy Spirit is telling you that you should.

As a child of God, we should desire to please the Lord with all of our heart. Since we are the purchased possession of the Lord Jesus Christ, He has the right to dictate our lives. I Corinthians 6:20 "For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." We should desire for Him to take full control of our lives and pattern them as He desires for us to.

Saved people should set forth the Biblical standard for the world. II Corinthians 6:17 "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you". A child of God has an obligation to God, the Bible, and the world to dress according to what God expects.

Our dress code and outward appearance tells the world where our hearts are and who we belong to. Ladies and young ladies in churches all over America and the world are looking everywhere but the Word of God to determine what they should wear.

According to the Bible a child of God should look different, walk different, act different, dress different and just plain be different from the rest of the world. II Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

If you feel what you wear is nobody's business and what I'm going to be posting is wrong, then don't get mad at me or offended. Psalm 119:165 "Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them." The reason people get upset or mad is usually because the Holy Spirit has hit them right in the heart with it. If any of you get upset...you won't be upset with me. You may take it out on me but it is not me that you are truly angry or upset with...it is God. I'm teaching the Bible. I'll have Scripture to support what I say. We don't get mad at the mailman when he brings us something we don't like. We get mad at the company that sent it.

Let me define conviction before we get started on this series. It is defined as a consciousness of sin or guilty, knowing you're sinning. Some say a conviction is something you would die for. I agree with that statement...only I would not die for the way I dress, however, I would die for the obedience to my Lord. My obedience to Him means much more than anything I wear. I desire to be obedient. Do you??

No comments:

VERY IMPORTANT!

Are you a good person? Take this test and find out.

Swidget 1.0 6

Audioministries.org